Thursday, July 30, 2009

Our Mad Men World: Mr. Bob, the Evil HR Director

Mr. Bob, the dreaded Sterling Cooper HR Director rolled through the hall to the typing pool, his massive belly leading the way. "I smell fire and brimstone" said Peggy under her breath. Mr. Bob was generally the harbinger of doom. He loved to make people squirm. And he was not above pinching asses in a crowded elevator, if he thought he could get away with it.

"Good morning, girls" he cried out in a hollow booming voice. He always tried to sound so cheerful, but his eyes...dead and flat like dull pennies, told the true story. Mr. B's soul was as empty as a bottle of Alka Seltzer at a chili cook off. Watch your back, Don! Mr. Bob loves to bring the high and mighty to their knees!

3 comments:

Jane said...

I can't stop playing with the Mad Men Avatar. I've tried, but it's no use. I haven't had this much fun since Colorforms.

Lisa said...

I hate Mr. Bob! But I love that you made him! :-)

Anonymous said...

OMG... my boss' name IS Mr. Bob. He tries to make everyone call him that because that's the only way he can get any respect. The dude is an absolute a$$hat. There isn't a single person at work who likes him. Those who aren't wishing he'd retired are wishing he'd drop dead.