Monday, June 23, 2008

He is a cop and he's learning-impaired!

Well here's the first of my web TV posts. I will only cover web TV efforts that have more than five episodes, just to let you know. They have to have the air of a serious series about them for me to review them. At any rate...


I YouTubed Retardid Policeman at the advice of a friend and, boy, this is what friends are for. This is a riotous, charming slap in the face of political correctness that has a "challenged" actor (actually, he's better than a LOT of actors out there) named Josh "The Ponce" Perry playing--you guessed it--the Retardid Policeman. There are about ten episodes of this wonderfully funny series on YouTube, and I think it should be a real series (though I do like its present in-and-out, take-no-prisoners approach)! I think Retardid Policeman says a lot about how we all treat people whom we see as less "with it" than we are--but mostly it's just here to make us giggle. In every episode, even the people "The Ponce" stops are funny! Check out these two episodes, with the first one featuring two of Perry's relatives as the set-upon, extremely patient drivers. And the second one (the FUNNIEST!!!) has talented director/co-writer/editor Greg Benson as the driver!



And look at this to-the-point defense of the series, from Josh and Stacy Perry!

At under two minutes, Retardid Policeman episodes packs more laffs than most 30-minute sitcoms these days have, so go to YouTube and check 'em out! Cheers to Benson, The Ponce and all involved!

3 comments:

Jane said...

OMG, I laughed so hard I snorted. In my office, no less. I can just hear the PC police howling, which makes me love it all the more. I'm going to make everybody I know come and look at these clips on the Nose. AWESOME, Dean!

Lisa said...

They are adorable and hilarious! I've watched them all on YouTube and am a completely fan! Thanks for bringing them to everybody's attention and here's to many more episodes! Thanks also to your friends who turned YOU onto them! Keep the circle going!

Jane said...

The first two are always funny. You could watch them ten times...still funny. This is truly something that could only exist on the Internet. The TV folks (even the cable bottom feeders) would be far too terrified of the PC backlash to ever air these shows.