Let's just "free-associate" about Spock for a few moments here, shall we?
- What if Spock and Lucy had mated? What kind of other worldly spawn would result? I think the last post (thank you Lisa) comes up with a pretty good approximation.
- What exactly is the juxtaposition between Vulcans and cats? A few weeks ago, Lisa posted a delightful video of two cars sparring to the awesome music of the Kirk-Spock fight in "Amok Time". It seemed quite logical to watch cats fight to this iconic music. And posted above is a scene from the original Star Trek where Spock seems smitten by a cat. Odd, because he didn't have the same affinity for Tribbles, and everyone else on the Enterprise went bonkers for Tribbles
- Has there ever, in the history of television, been a more compelling "Bromance" than the relationship between Spock and Kirk? Were these dudes BFF's or what?
- Retail Trek opportunity alert! Walmart now has action figures from the upcoming movie on May 8th for around $6.00 apiece. I, of course, had to purchase the Spock doll, to be used as a computer God on my home office desk. He comes with an adorable detachable hand; you can have either a normal hand or a "Vulcan Salute" hand. I'm posting a picture here....enjoy!
- What is your favorite original Star Trek catchphrase?
- Live long and prosper
- He's dead, Jim!
- I am responsible for the lives of 357 crew people
- Beam me up, Scotty