Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rescue Me Returns


Those of you who live in NY or LA, may have noticed some interesting billboards trumpeting the return of Rescue Me on fX (Wednesday, 6-13-07 at 10pm). Am I the only one who thinks that Denis Leary is channeling the giant mother bug from the movie "Alien" in this picture? The long, muscular neck...the mouth opened wide enough to swallow almost an entire human. And those teeth! All it needs is a gooey strand of poisonous alien drool, dripping from his chin and ready to burn a hole through the deck of his fire engine. I'm not sure if it means that Rescue Me is going to have a sci-fi flavor this season, but boy-oh-boy, does Denis have an extra long neck. Stay tuned for the first episode Nose Fans!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! Thanks for posting the photo. Not sure whether I like the campaign or not, and he sure is scary, that's for sure. Like you, I wonder what this bodes for the new season? I still miss when he used to talk to Jesus....

Jane said...

It was awesome when he talked to Jesus, who was sort of a Baby Boomer hippie. I also used to love the banter between him and his dead cop brother and I always love it when the fireman hockey team plays the NYPD hockey team. Then he fights with the other Irish guy names Collins.

So much to look forward to in the new season!