I've been waiting for someone to blog about Rescue Me to I could send in comments about it, but alas, no one has contributed. I will offer my comments in bullet point format as I don't have the energy for sparkling prose tonight.
WHAT I LOVED ABOUT IT:
- Anything in the firehouse venue including the hockey vs basketball argument, the endless comic banter, the return of the chief with pizzas in hand, but excluding the new boring silver haired guy who wants to talk about propane.
- The outstanding special effects, element of surprise and edge of your seat drama of the exploding house and multiple cat rescue.
- The music...consistently weird and memorable throughout.
- Any scene with the horrible, selfish, annoying and endlessly boring ex-wife.
- Any scene with the new plastic doll baby.
- Any scene with the horrible teenage daughter who takes after her mother.
- The stupid girl who saved Tommy Gavin. And I hate her dumb purple dress from Barneys.
Kind of a mixed beginning, but hope springs eternal that they'll iron out the wrinkles as the season goes along.