Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Simpsons Still Going Strong



The other day I went on about how "Survivor" manages to survive. Last Sunday "The Simpsons" annual Halloween episode aired and it was as hilarious and crisp as ever. This year the show spoofed Mad Men (see the brilliant takeoff of the opening credits in the clip above) and the classic Peanuts cartoon "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." I scoured the web for a clip parodying the Peanuts opening credits but to no avail. I did find this gem of a clip from the episode though:



All I can say is brilliant. I can't say I watch every week anymore, but it's nice to know that after 20 years, "The Simpsons" is still made of win.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Well I'm certainly glad to hear that The Simpsons are back. I was under the impression it had "jumped the shark" 5 seasons ago. Add this to SNL as another chance for comic relief! Thanks for the update Scott!