Friday, March 18, 2011

Pee-Wee Herman -- The Luckiest Boy in the World!


The conclusion of Pee-Wee's original HBO special, and one of my very favorite Pee-Wee Herman moments ever. Imaginative, sweet, sassy, wistful -- everything genius about Paul Reuben's creative brainstorm in fashioning this amazing and unique character is on display here in this brilliant little clip.




The absolute best ever, isn't it? It's the essence of childlike wonderment, and we can all use some of that! That scene is pure magic.

Don't forget The Pee-Wee Herman Show on Broadway premieres on HBO tomorrow night at 10pm!


More Pee-Wee tomorrow as we finish up "Pee-Wee Herman Week" here on The Flaming Nose!

1 comment:

Dean Treadway said...

Totally the best. This is what I think of when I think of Pee-Wee as well. That original HBO special is still one of the best of its genre! That little swing gag in the giant underwear clip gave me a typical Pee-Wee belly laugh (with Pee-Wee la-laing "The Blue Danube" as he swings). I can always be assured of at least five of these when I watch ol' Pee-Wee. I hope he's around forever!