Whooee! Steamy, scary, surprising, sexy, scathing -- last night's Season Two Premiere of HBO's Alan Ball-produced vampire skein TrueBlood lived up to all expectations, at least around here at The Flaming Nose. Other than the simple fact that the show is back -- reason enough to celebrate -- we'd like to compile a list of what tickled us about Season 2, Episode 1 "Nothing But The Blood". To wit, I'll start with my five, and don't read if you don't want spoilers!
1. That wheel of torture downstairs in Eric's lair! Yikes! Miserable, damp, drippy, with a communal chamber pot and hot and cold running terror.
2. Finding Lafayette alive down there! Thank goodness! We understand that in the book series the terrifically entertaining chief cook and "V" peddler buys the farm early on, but we are so pleased to see him back for more in the show. Wonderful performance by Nelsan Ellis. Congrats to Alan Ball for not going strictly by the book and recognizing Lafayette's tremendous charisma.
3. Nekkid Bill and Sookie! Always good to see two attractive and intelligent actors -- Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin -- doing the wild thing onscreen. Bravo! And more, please...
4. Eric getting his hair foil-bleached, since obviously he's not going to be getting sun highlights anytime soon. Almost too cute but a nice touch.
5. Anytime Rutina Wesley as Tara is in a scene. She's magnificent!
That's just a few. I've left out some good ones. Allons! Share yours, mon chers!