Featured Post

We Love Leonard Nimoy: Our Favorite Spock-centric "Star Trek" Episodes

Please accept our apologies for delaying so long in bringing you another Leonard Nimoy tribute.  The loss of him has really sunk in du...

Thursday, August 21, 2008

DEXTER SITING

Some Dexter fans know that some of the Miami based show is really filmed in Long Beach, California. (Actually quite a few shows can be found filming in and around Long Beach. My boyfriend once saw a bunch of Miami Dade Police cars in El Dorado Park in Long Beach getting ready to film a scene from CSI:Miami). Check out this article from the Long Beach Press Telegram about this. Also mentioned in this article is the website www.seeing-stars.com/dexter .

Not having Showtime, I have just recently watched the first season of Dexter and I have not had the incentive to search out these places myself, until now. But, by chance last night a actually had a Dexter siting in my own city of Downey which is just a little ways from Long Beach. So here is just a little tidbit for Dexter fans.

While driving to the store, I noticed a bright orange sign (the kind that is known to designate shooting sites) with the words DEXTER large as life and some arrows pointing down the street. I was not going that way, but on my way home, I took the detour and followed the arrows to see what I could spot. Only a few blocks away, I happened upon a bunch of trailers and cars in a church parking lot (actually the church I had been married in about 25 years ago by coincidence). Being a Wednesday at about 8 pm I doubted that it was a church function and presumed that it was the Dexter shoot. I went around the block so that I could drive by again slowly and in doing so found that a residential street a short distance away had been blocked off for no apparent reason, except in my mind it was for the Dexter shoot. I drove by slowly this time and saw a bunch of people roaming about, but alas no siting of Dexter himself. I was kicking myself for not having my camera, but isn't that always the case. So, I am hoping that when I eventually watch Season 3 of Dexter I will be able to recognize that scene and know it was filmed just a mere blocks away from my house!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Leave it to my eagle-eyed sister to spot our favorite show! Thanks for posting this great siting!!

Jane said...

Karen, I was riveted by this story. Living in LA, I always see these mysterious production signs pointing here or there. Never once did I have the time to follow the arrow. Glad that you did and now I'll be thinking for the new Dexter season....is it Miami...or