Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Sometimes the Best Man Wins




I had my headline all ready..."You Vote, Fox Decides". After last night's love fest for David A. by all three judges I thought it was already over before it was over. But DAVID COOK WON!!!! For the first time in the 7 years since I started watching American Idol, an amazing talent that I rooted for from day one actually won. My faith in the taste of the American public is renewed. My faith in Fox is renewed too. What the heck, maybe it's not scripted after all! Plus, they put on an awesome, everything but the kitchen sink Grand Slam finale tonight night that was engaging from start to finish. I loved the David and David hero song duet. And Syesha singing with Seal! The comedy bits were clever too, especially Gladys Knight and the Pips, with Mega Stars; Jack Black, Ben Stiller and Robert Downey Jr. But my heart really soared when they rolled out little Reynaldo LaPuz in his feathered white hat and cape to sing "I Am Your Brother" one more time with the USC Marching Band. It was touching and hilarious and wonderful.

Even the commercials rocked tonight. I want a green Ford Escape Hybrid real bad.

So I'm having a bit of a warm, rosy Cinderella feeling tonight for David Cook. Bravo to the mid-west rocker who made it all the way to the top. I knew he was the biggest star all along. And now, the long dark void until AI season 8 begins...

4 comments:

Jane said...

I'm commenting on my own post to say that we are going to get close to 200 visits to the Flaming Nose today, the largest single day traffic in months. As I write this, we have a visitor from Bombay, India. Also visiting to the Nose today, folks from Malaysia and the Philippines. Hey Filipino people, didn't Reynaldo look so cute on American Idol tonight!

Scott said...

I couldn't wait. I found out on line at 7:03pm PDT, and found myself screaming in an empty house! I think gathered my thoughts and prepared a post for TFN so that I could get it up ASAP when the show ended here in LA. All I had to do was tweek it a little. It actually let me enjoy the show even more, and I still waited with baited breath to see "the moment," and then it came and I teared up too. His reaction was so humble and sincere.

amy said...

We should have all been together to watch. It would have been far more entertaining than an Oscar party, especially since we've come on such a long journey with these kids. The finale should air on a Sunday night so people have an easier time getting together. Mark and Michael watched the end of the show and made fun of me because I was crying.

Anonymous said...

I am glad your choice won. But come on how could you not wanted Fantasia Barrino to win her season. She was the best in her season.