Tuesday, May 13, 2008

One More Week; American Idol Almost Over


Is there anything left that hasn't been said? Are there any more bad songs that haven't been sung? And at the end of the day...have the true American Idol fans figured out what they are going to do with their Tuesday nights after it's all over next week? Look to The Flaming Nose for hope and advice on this matter O All Ye AI Addicts. I will feature a top 10 list of things you can do to cut down on your withdrawal symptoms this weekend.

I am going to make my comments tonight mercifully brief, because I would very much like to go back to surfing the very cool Worldwide Telescope Astronomy site that our TFN blogger Lisa posted previously.

Two Episodes to Go, What's Happening, American Idol?

  • David Cook should win. For once, someone truly talented on every level should actually win. For what it's worth, it doesn't matter if he wins or not. I am already mesmerized by his rendition of the "Switch Foot" song I Dare You to Move and will buy it and will listen to it 1000 times. Yeah, I'd like him to win. No, I don't think any REAL music fans care one way or another. He is awesome. Package him up. I'm ready to buy.
  • Syesha was Robbed by the AI Judges. I don't get it. She sings her heart out. She's flawless. She commands the stage and gives the most confident, professional performances voice, body and soul. And still the judges (all of them?!!!?) dis her? This, I think, is a very weird disconnect from the audience. Note to AI producers...beware that the audience will very much think this show is scripted after these bizarre AI judge responses. I kept wondering why Syesha was so composed and happy through all the negative comments. My theory: She has already heard from the Obama campaign handlers, and no matter what...she will be singing at his Presidential Inauguration, if that is what will happen next January. Plus, if she hasn't been scooped up by any upcoming $$$$ Broadway show, I would be very surprised. This lady has a GREAT career ahead of her, no matter what.
  • David A. and the Teen Vote: O.K. He's adorable. He voice is more silky than the back end of an Angora cat. His skin is as flawless as a Tahiti beach at dawn. But tonight onstage he was miles away from the kind of professional delivery we would expect from an AI champion.
So what do I think will happen tomorrow? I don't know, go look at the stars!!!!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Ditto, ditto and ditto.
If I can think of anything else to add, I will make a brief post tomorrow.